Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking up # 1351.
G'day all, after my long wait, lots of calls to Mark, paying the customs duty. I was able to pick up my boxes. I decided to drive the 1670 kms to Melbourne to pick up the big box, which just fitted into the back of my BT50. Melbourne from where I live is 3 days driving, taking it steady. The drive down was OK, getting from the outskirts to Mark's place is about 2.5 hrs, lots and lots of idiots down there. Finally arrived at Mark's place, cuppa tea, then off to the customs to finally get my hands on the boxes. After dealing with a power hungry clerk, we were allowed to inspect the boxes, both OK. Loaded up the larger one, the longer box I had freighted back to Qld. Returned Mark home, he loaded up my GPS with instructions how to get out of Melbourne, Then started on the 1670 km drive home. Arrived home 3 days later. The box was unloaded to enable me to get it off the back of my dual cab, then I put it all back inside and covered it with a tarp. Just at this time I almost have a single place gyrocopter finished, so I decided not to start on the Mosquito until the gyro is running, but with a Mosquito sitting in a big box outside your back door, the temptation was too great.
Darrell,

Congratulations! You wanted that helicopter badly. I know how you feel. I waited three years to move to the US Mainland from Maui before I ordered mine making 5 trips from Colorado to Trenton, FL to complete the project. The build at the factory was fun (except for the wiring, I don't like wiring). Have fun with your build and welcome aboard!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014
Congrats Darrell, good luck with the build.

Australia is on my bucket list, hope to get to meet you guys one day.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Thats quite sensible finishing the gyro first,
but you could just take the lid off to look inside and see whats there,
and if you take the lid off you might as well take the sides off and have a good look,
and you really should take the fuselage out to see just how amazingly light it is,
you will be flying in no time :-)

Gary
XE285 in NZ
grevis Wrote:Thats quite sensible finishing the gyro first,
but you could just take the lid off to look inside and see whats there,
and if you take the lid off you might as well take the sides off and have a good look,
and you really should take the fuselage out to see just how amazingly light it is,
you will be flying in no time :-)

Gary
XE285 in NZ
Hi Gary, have had the end opened, started to build the skid jig, getting the exhaust ceramic coated, maybe look at putting the boom on.
You will want to load up the boom and attach splitter gear box before attaching boom. Also do the fuel tank safety wiring.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Dick Campbell Wrote:You will want to load up the boom and attach splitter gear box before attaching boom.  Also do the fuel tank safety wiring.
Thanks Dick, for the suggestions, I have got rid of some furniture from my veranda, this is where I'll be building the Mosquito. It's summer here, temp gets up to 37-39 c, so I have a couple of overhead fans, to make it more pleasant.