Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New XE-285 owner
Hi,

I am taking delivery of an XE-285 tomorrow at Bankstown Airport, NSW Australia. This is a new machine, I have purchased from someone else who who did the build. I am not mechanically minded and other than topping up with fuel and oil will have someone else do any maintenance work. I understand that there is some work required at 500hrs. Other than this can anyone please advise how much regular maintenance will be required? Naturally I wish to ensure that it is maintained correctly.

I would also like to hear if there are any other Mosquito owners in NSW, Australia.

Many thanks
Phil
Phil,
Welcome to the Mosquito owners group -- I will send you a PM as this is more than quick response
Mike
Composite-FX
Field Maintenance and Tech Rep
This Map is by no means complete but it does give you some folks to look for.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1TYpdsWvNbjgOeKBfVC4hpkUYvAFUXugI&usp=sharing
Ray
CONGRATULATIONS Phil, welcome to the owners club.
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(on a shirt my daughter gave me - author unknown)
Van's Aircraft RV-9 (dragon tail) Flying
Mosquito XEL, factory assist build, flying.
bonjour Phil,
Félicitation pour votre acquisition.  Je suis propriétaire d'un XE 285 et j'ai 123H de vol avec. je ne pourrai pas vous aider parce que je suis en France mais vous pouvez vous rapprocher de Mark RINDEL, MOSQUITO Australie.
1(290)6505649.
bon vol

Hello, Phil,
Congratulations on your acquisition.  I own an XE 285 and I have 123H of flight with it. I won't be able to help you because I'm in France but you can get closer to Mark RINDEL, MOSQUITO Australia.
1(290)6505649.

good flight.

Guillaume
(07-14-2020, 05:54 PM)swashplate Wrote: CONGRATULATIONS Phil, welcome to the owners club.
Hi,
Thanks for the message, I watched your video, exciting !! I had a pilot start mine up yesterday for the first time.  He didn’t take it off the ground due to the needles not matching, it was also very windy. There seems to be an issue with the revs. He is going to have another start next weekend and will play with the governor switch to narrow down the problem.... fingers crossed.
I'm assuming you're using an MGL ROTOR-1 for RPM needles. Compare the engine rpm to the Tiny Tach. If the engine is at 6000 (100%), then the main rotor should be at 600 rpm (100%). Look at the numbers on the display not the percentages. It's probable that the settings in the ROTOR-1 are incorrect. Might also look at the alignment of the main rotor sensor on the masthead.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
He's working with Mark who was a dealer so knowledge on Mosquitoes
M