Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ceramic painting exhaust system
Has any person painted their exhaust system using ceramic paint, on the Mosquito range. Have seen exhausts on gyrocopters done and the results are great.   Regards  Darrell.
I did a Jet Hot coating on my 285 exhaust and it looks and performs great.
(08-08-2020, 12:53 PM)Eblezien Wrote: I did a Jet Hot coating on my 285 exhaust and it looks and performs great.
Eblezien,

Can you elaborate on the "performs great" part?

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014
I didnt do it on my XE285 exhaust, but have had ceramic coatings done to my race car exhaust (stainless steel). The ceramic coating is amazing in how it limits heat radiation, the exhaust can be incredibly hot and you hold your hand an inch from it and barely feel any heat radiating off it (a real plus in a car engine bay). The downside in my experience is that the metal may retain or be subjected to higher overall temperatures that seems to lead to cracking etc developing sooner than a non coated exhaust. For this reason I didnt coat my XE285 exhaust.
Gary
XE285 in NZ
I had one of the first protype coatings on my turbine exhaust by a fellow by the name of Chuck in trenton while building at the factory. The exhaust is as shiney as the day I took delivery. I lost the name and contact info, but Norbert may still have it
Gre Wrote:I had one of the first protype coatings on my turbine exhaust by a fellow by the name of Chuck in trenton while building at the factory. The exhaust is as shiney as the day I took delivery. I lost the name and contact info, but Norbert may still have it

Thanks for the comment, I have sent my exhaust  away to be painted a chrome colour. Trenton is a bit far for me, so I am using a outfit on the Sunshine Coast, Qld.