Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sparkplugs
Hey Skeeter Beeter! Any report on the new plugs yet? You probably still don't have many hours on the
set due to the windy conditions out there I guess.
Yes, I will never go back to the old plugs. The fine wire plugs don't load up, starting is much easier, and idle improved. I'm very happy with them.
Skeeter
XE3
that is a great price for fine wire plugs. sounds like a no brainer to me.  the ones for my lycoming cost $80 a piece and are to last 2,000 hrs compared to massive electrode ones that last 4-5 hundred hrs. a much better plug design. keep on firing!!!!!!
Skeeter - 4/6/2011 11:42 AM
One caveat, they are pricey, about $7.50 each.
Skeeter
XE3 N472DR
Cheap as dirt! The REM38S Iridium Champions for my Brantly were $89.95 each, and it took 8 of them.
Ok, so here's some standard Rob2 sparkplug ignorance, but do you "set" these things, and if so,
"conventionally"? Don't know if I've ever even seen one of the critters.
Rob2
Seems like I saw some guidance on the "Care and Feeding of the Two-Stroke Engine" section in the CPS Catalog.
Mike Stratmann wrote 100+ technical articles on almost every subject you can imagine.

Here's some NGK info.
http://www.ngk.com/glossary.asp?kw=Sh...
Thanks Bryan. Actually, I was thinking that maybe these thin wire type plugs required a differient type of gauge to set them. I've set 100's, maybe even more, of the standard style, but have no experience with these fancy ones. Appreciate the info though, I've been using Mikes various guides since the early 80's. A very valuable resource!
Rob2
turboeddie - 5/30/2011 3:43 PM

that is a great price for fine wire plugs. sounds like a no brainer to me.  the ones for my lycoming cost $80 a piece and are to last 2,000 hrs compared to massive electrode ones that last 4-5 hundred hrs. a much better plug design. keep on firing!!!!!!

Don't I know it! My C175 has a O-360A1A in it, and it's down for annual right now. I think I can get another 100 hours out of my massives, then on to fine wire. It's just one damn flying thing after another..... Wink
Skeeter
XE3
This isn't exactly a "cheap" hobby is it guys!
Rob2
rhrocker - 6/1/2011 12:40 PM

This isn't exactly a "cheap" hobby is it guys!
Rob2
Neither are horses. Sad
Skeeter
XE3