Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sparkplugs
Ok, so what do you guys use when considering spark plugs? I'm looking for something available is downtown small town USA. The manual says to use C8H5, but the engine came with R8H5. In fact, CPS doesn't even carry either. I figure someone has a deep dark secret out there that's going to simplify my life.
So go ahead, lemme know! (Doug, I think you mentioned something about this a while back on the phone, but I didn't hang onto the info).
I went to my local O Riellys auto parts store with an original plug and asked if they could get the original or an 'equivalent'.  They had an 'equivalent' in Autolite and are kind enough to keep 4 on hand.  I think they are approx $1.50 ea.
Hi Rob & Doug, you can also find from Honda motorcycle dealers: CR8HSA

Regis
There is a good supply on Fleabay also...........
got mine at autozone
OK guys, I put a set of CR8HIX Iridium plugs in last week. I have several hours on them now and can give some feedback on their performance. My engine starts MUCH easier when cold, and idles smoothly. I had to turn my idle adjustment down a bit as my RPM increased. I get no load up on long autos, and throttle response is improved. Now, they advertise increased life, but I'll wait and see. Overall, I am very satisfied with them. One caveat, they are pricey, about $7.50 each.
Skeeter
XE3 N472DR
Skeeter, concerning load up during extended autos or idle, cant you just bump the throttle to clear the cyl like you do on a motorcycle, just a small bump not enough to stir the clutch but enough rpms to burp?
Rotorman007 - 4/6/2011 10:51 AM

Skeeter, concerning load up during extended autos or idle, cant you just bump the throttle to clear the cyl like you do on a motorcycle, just a small bump not enough to stir the clutch but enough rpms to burp?

Well, yes you can, and some folks do. I am only saying these plugs don't load up like the conventional ones. After a few more hours, I'm going to pull one and see how it looks. It's our windy season now, so good flying days are rare.
Skeeter
If yo' plugs ain't TAN, You the "Gummin-Up-Yo-Piston-Rings" MAN!
bryancobb - 4/6/2011 1:56 PM

If yo' plugs ain't TAN, You the "Gummin-Up-Yo-Piston-Rings" MAN!
I have over 3000 hours in front of 2 strokes, got it. Wink
Skeeter