Composite-Fx Forums

Full Version: XE285 Kit Instructions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all
I am new to this forum, my first post. I am looking to get an XE285 kit. I would like to see the instructions for the kit prior to purchase to see what I am getting myself into. I have contacted Composte FX but they were unable to help. Any suggestion from the Mosquito community? Thanks!
Andy
Since it is quite a major purchase maybe you should ask the factory if you could go there for a day, see machines being built, the parts involved and meet the people at the business. Everyone who has been there have aways commented how friendly and helpful they are.
Bit of a hike for me as I am in Southern Ontario, otherwise I’d be there in a heartbeat. I just want to go over the home build process, be sure I have the skills and resources needed.
Hi Andy,
If you PM me I'd be happy to give you a call (I'm based in Australia so almost all machines are home built out here)
Mark
(09-15-2018, 05:44 PM)Andyd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all
I am new to this forum, my first post. I am looking to get an XE285 kit. I would like to see the instructions for the kit prior to purchase to see what I am getting myself into. I have contacted Composte FX but they were unable to help. Any suggestion from the Mosquito community? Thanks!
Andy
I just purchased a XE-285 and had a full color instruction manual printed but sadly it is not legal to paste it here or publish or copy in any way shape or form online or by mail. FX Composite has the rights, and they make you sign a waver. However if you look through the images on this forum of builds you will be more than satisfied. Actually the images on the forum have more detail than the manual will ever entail.
The build manual is proprietary, which you will get after you purchase a kit. Considering the cost outlay you will be experiencing, making a trip to Florida would seem a prudent expense. You would get all your questions answered and experience the hardware firsthand.

BTW, this year's CFX Fly-In is March 28-29. There will be many experienced Mosquito owners there who will be happy to talk to you, besides the factory reps.
I see it as a negative that the factory doesn't cooperate with 2nd hand customers.
In my case, I asked to get the the list of safety upgrades that had been made since the helicopter I was looking at was build. For their own reasons, they refused to make that list available. Tried contacting them several times and was refused.
If you are the owner of a used machine that you purchased from a previous builder, contact the factory with the Serial number and the original builder or person you purchased it from I believe you will get the information you are looking for from the factory or PM marcher07. Once they have proof that you are an owner you will be upgraded to have "a wing" by your name, this will give you access to the "Builder & Owners" Forum which has Manuals and ADs.

Michael
(03-05-2020, 06:00 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: [ -> ]If you are the owner of a used machine that you purchased from a previous builder, contact the factory with the Serial number and the original builder or person you purchased it from I believe you will get the information you are looking for from the factory or PM marcher07. Once they have proof that you are an owner you will be upgraded to have "a wing" by your name, this will give you access to the "Builder & Owners" Forum which has Manuals and ADs.

Michael
That doesn't work when you want to buy a used Mosquito. How can I know if the price is right when the factory is witholding information like safety updates?
This is not OK.
I think you are worried that the seller is withholding information. In a case like that I would recommend a pre-purchase inspection done by someone that knows a Mosquito in and out. PM Mike Messex (marcher07) I do believe he can help.
Pages: 1 2