Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings, questions and posting etiquette...
Hello members,

I have been following experimental helicopters since the mid 1990's and I feel the time has finally come for me to get my feet wet.

I am planning to either purchase a used XET or buy a new kit. If i go the kit route, I may choose either builders assist or factory built in the interest of time constraints.
I have started training (again), R22 and am incredibly fortunate to have a friend with a Jetranger who occasionally makes my day by allowing me some stick time.

I have many questions regarding the XET's  and would like advice as far as the best way to post here.
Would it be better to simply list out multiple questions in one general post or is it better to breakdown every question individually into a more specific category?

I am not a big forum person and it seems that every one is a little different as far as personalities and etiquette goes so i would like a little guidance so i can participate comfortably within this group.

Thank you in advance for allowing me to join and participate here.
Welcome Aboard William,

Folks on the Forum are here to help. We are here to answer questions but don't forget talking to the factory directly or to the dealers or Factory Machanic Rep. When I was about to purchase a kit I again went to the Factory Fly-In. There are many owners that attend and every question I had was answered in real time, plus I had a chance to really set my eyes on the machine. The Fly-In is the 28-29 of this month at the factory in Trenton, FL. 

As far as questions, ask away. Someone will respond.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014
Welcome William!

As FlyGuy suggested, if you can make the factory fly-in at the end of this month down in Trenton FL, you can get a lot of your questions answered. And maybe even bring up some questions you didn’t even think about once you see all the XE versions, sit in them and see them fly. LOL... It will also give you a chance to meet Dwight and Adam. Great guys and just like you and I, they have a genuine passion for flying helicopters. I can’t wait to get down there!

Also take a look at storeyaviation.com. I have an XET and there is a lot of good information there. The FAQs will answer some questions about what you can and can’t do and what is required. I update the site almost weekly. Now that the wx is warming up, I’ll be posting video’s soon.  Along with everyone here on this forum, you can also call, text or email me anytime. 

Again, welcome to the XE community!
Dave Storey
XET/N72SX
http://storeyaviation.com/
Welcome William, it's a pretty friendly group and we all have one thing in common. I'll echo Michael's recommendation to come to the Fly-In this month. It's the best way to get all your questions answered.

As for me, I built an XE285 using the factory assist. I couldn't be more satisfied.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I am going to gather my thoughts some more and ease my way in.

Thank you again for the welcome!