Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info for MZ 201 ignition / wiring
I recently stumbled across this forum looking for wiring information for my MZ 201 engine. You folks seem to have quite a few modifications to improve the engine. I was wondering how well the added capacitor to the B+ C contact on the regulator worked out over time? (been about 4 years since the thread started.) Can this be added without modifying the factory wiring harness (idm ignition)? I appreciate any advice you can give. (I am putting this engine on a Hiperlight) Bought the engine in January, due to family obligations, just getting it installed now... Hope to make noise soon! (and keep the magic smoke inside the electronics black magic boxes!)
The ignition system is the same as the one for the MZ 202. Any helpful advice Oskar?
The ignition system is the same as the one for the MZ 202. Any helpful advice Oskar?
Your question has nothing to do with the ignition system. You asked if the capacitor modification still works? Of course it does, it is there to allow the charging system to continue to provide power to the CDI's ( 12 volt DC) if the battery becomes disconnected . If worrying about modifying wiring harnesses or not is a concern for you, then this might be over your head.
Still flying with the mod. And no, you either have to butcher the factory harness or start from scratch.

Once lost power to one CDI because a battery wire had broken, picked it up during a mag check.
Thanks for the replies folks, really appreciate it.