Composite-Fx Forums
Oshkosh 2019 Article - Printable Version

+- Composite-Fx Forums (https://composite-fx.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://composite-fx.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://composite-fx.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Oshkosh 2019 Article (/showthread.php?tid=10378)

Oshkosh 2019 Article - marcher07 - 01-11-2020

All,
During the 2019 EAA annual Oshkosh Airventure, Composite-FX had a writer come by our display booth and do a story about Composite-FX and our helicopter. The story was published in the January 2020 monthly magazine (page 77) and features pictures of the first Turbine engineered and built at Composite-FX (also flown at the show). The article also has an embedded article about our newest dealer in Tennessee Dave Story (storeyaviation@yahoo.com). Its a great piece of world wide advertisement and we owe a thanks to Beth Stanton (bethestanton@gmail.com) for taking the time to do the story and coordinate the photo shoots.

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - FlyGuy - 01-12-2020

Thanks Mike!

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - hoverhappy - 01-12-2020

Thanks Mike,
I had just joined the EAA to get that article! I was wondering why no one had posted about it.

Regards,
Rick

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - grevis - 01-12-2020

Excellent article. Also like the cool Mosquito logo on the cover page, where is that one from?

Gary
XE285 in NZ

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - FlyGuy - 01-12-2020

I thought about joining the EAA but I have never seen that much support for helicopters. Has that changed?

Michael

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - hoverhappy - 01-12-2020

(01-12-2020, 07:45 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: I thought about joining the EAA but I have never seen that much support for helicopters. Has that changed?

Michael
Doesn’t seem to be much on their website as far as I looked. I think it probably depends on the local EAA chapter in your area whether there’s anyone who has built a helicopter. I don’t think there is anyone in my area (San Francisco Bay Area, California) that has an XE. I could be wrong. If so, please post if you’re out there.

I was told by a friend that there was an article on the Mosquito in this month’s EAA Sport Aviation magazine, and I really did join just to read the article Smile

Rick

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - marcher07 - 01-13-2020

The graphics came from Beth for the article

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - Darrell J Jones - 01-13-2020

What a great article, about the history of  the Mosquito Helicopter.

RE: Oshkosh 2019 Article - Dick Campbell - 01-13-2020

Got my issue the day after notice of the article appeared in the Mosquito forum on FB. Agree, it was great press for our bird.

I am an EAA member and in a very active Chapter, lots of great folks, and a great source of info. But unfortunately, us helo guys don't get a lot of respect. Not ever very much written about them in EAA or AOPA. Besides me, there is one other guy in my Chapter who built a turbine Rotorway, and I think having two rotorheads in a Chapte is probably very rare... but we do get a lot of attention. We sponsor a summer camp for kids, and I always get invited to bring my Mosquito.

A good source of info on FB is the US Helicopter Safety Team if you're interested.